Content

The Fraudulent Press Release Citing Scott Eckersley Quits Congressional Race

The following is not true. Scott Eckersley has not dropped out of the Missouri Seven Congressional race. This press release began showing up in multiple media sources earlier today, and it may violate federal election laws and federal mail fraud and election tampering laws. The reports I am hearing claim the ISP is being tracked to the source. If a Billy Long campaign staff member is behind this e-mail, it could spell trouble for the Long campaign. Considering the precise e-mail attack against the Eckersley campaign, one would guess the person who sent it had easy access to the a campaign's list of media sources.

From: Scott Eckersley
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 7:50 AM
To:
Subject: For Immediate Release-Eckersley for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7:45 A.M. CST, OCTOBER 29TH 2010----SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI
PRESS ADVISORY

Eckersley Suspends Campaign for Congress and Withdraws Until Further Notice

Due to Personal Matters that have arose over the last several days, Scott Eckersley who is running for Congress in the Missouri's 7th Congressional District is Suspending his campaign until further notice.

"I am saddened that I am having to do this, however at this time, this is the best decision for myself and my family" said Eckersley. "I would like to thank my supporters for all that they have done for me and I hope that they will understand my decision.".

###
Scott Eckersley
Eckersley for Congress
Phone: (888) 788-3643
Fax: (888) 900-3512
204 S Campbell Ave
Springfield, MO 65808
www.CheckEck.org
ECKERSLEY FOR U.S. CONGRESS