Content

US Constitution for Dummies: Michele Bachmann Wants to Teach the Constitution to New Members of Congress

Yesterday on the Glenn Beck show, Michele Bachmann, who I tend to agree with most of the time, says she wants freshmen Congressmen to go through a Constitutional training class. Let me state obvious here and get this out of the way. I know this is sad, but why are we sending people to Congress who aren't capable of following through with their Constitutional oath sworn upon taking office?

I know. I have seen this throughout Washington too. It's just sad that we have a respected member of Congress that is having to push a Constitution for Dummies class for the incoming freshmen next year. I mean they are putting their hands on a Bible to swear an oath to obey the Constitution. They shouldn't need classes. They should come prepared.

It's really sad that we as Americans through out political parties don't do a better job of vetting candidates to ensure they understand their Constitutional duties before they enter federal office. It's just sad. Yet, I know Billy Long will be one of the first to raise his hand and sign up for remedial Constitution for Dummies class.

Listen, I wasn't taught well on our public schools systems. I didn't start caring until the last few years about what those Amendments and Articles mean to this great Republic, but if you are going to take an oath to obey the Constitution, don't you think you should know what it is you are obeying that rather take classes after the fact?

I know Bachmann means well. It's just sad. Very sad!