Content

Springfield News-Leader Continues to be Questioned Over Billy Long Endorsement

Billy Long the best prepared to stand up for Ozarkers? Really?

Let's just see. Billy attended University of Missouri in Columbia. But he didn't finish. Instead, he graduated from Missouri Auction School in Kansas City. Scott Eckersley, Brigham Young University, with a degree in finance and law. Oh gee, you're so right, Long has just what this state needs. Now when some politician goes to sell his vote, finally there will be someone ... to auction it off to the highest bidder.

Scott, while working for a sitting governor, had the moral conviction to protect the laws of this state even if it meant his job and possibly his career. I don't know of anything Long has done that in any way compares to that. Except he did go to Vegas after he won the primary. I guess the Springfield News-Leader will say it was for the cultural aspects of Vegas ... Really? But then the News-Leader also endorsed Roy Blunt because he is such a moral and honest person too. Really? ...

Well, I would like to make my own endorsement, and I hope others will follow: I think that the Springfield News-Leader is best prepared to line the bottom of my bird cage.

Leesa Bumgarner, Fordland, Missouri

If I had a bird, I wouldn't even spend the 50 cents to line my birdcage with the Springfield News-Leader and Cory De Vera's drivel, Ms. Bumgarner.