Content

Shame On You Columbia Sports Wear: Not Very American

If you are an outdoor enthusiast like me, chances are you appreciate the job your outdoor apparel does to protect you from the elements. Names like the North Face, Patagonia, and Columbia excel in offering quality and performance for your outdoor experiences. I have to admit, I am a little more than upset at Columbia sports wear for what I believe is in an insult to the United States clearly labeled in their clothing.

Now it's no surprise there aren't many clothing items you can buy that are made in the USA anymore. You shouldn't be fooled into believing your clothes are made in the USA either, which is what my new Columbia sweatshirt tries to do.

Take a look at this label on the outer side of the Columbia hoodie.


Authentic, Active, Outdoor American...

Then check out the inner tag:


Made in Sri Lanka. Not very American once you get past the outer layer, huh?